API SPEC 19ICD
Inflow Control Devices
|Publication Date:||1 May 2020|
This specification provides requirements and guidelines for inflow control devices (ICDs) for both production and injection, as defined herein, for use in the petroleum and natural gas industry. This specification provides requirements for the functional specification and technical specification, including design, design verification and validation, materials, documentation and data control, and quality requirements.
Production covered by any other API specification, such as sand screens and sliding sleeves are not included. Also not included are externally controlled downhole devices including interval control valves (ICVs). This specification does not cover the connections to the well conduit, the effects of corrosion, or ICDs designated for use in thermal recovery applications. Installation, application, and operation of these products are outside the scope of this specification.
This specification includes the following annexes:
- Annex A-Reserved for Future Use
- Annex B-ICD Joint Components and Screen Attributes
- Annex C-Test Article, Test Fixture and Instrumentation Requirements
- Annex D-Cavitation Testing
- Annex E-Validation Test Requirements-ICD Flow Performance Test
- Annex F-Validation Test Requirements-Device Erosion Test
- Annex G-Validation Test Requirements-Mud Flow Initiation Test and Sediment Plugging Test
- Annex H-Validation Test Requirements-Flow Integrity Test
- Annex I-Validation Test Requirements-Static Pressure Test