IEC TS 62257-12-1 REDLINE
Recommendations for renewable energy and hybrid systems for rural electrification – Part 12-1: Laboratory evaluation of lamps and lighting appliances for off-grid electricity systems
|Publication Date:||1 May 2020|
|ICS Code (Solar energy engineering):||27.160|
This part of IEC 62257 establishes the framework for creating a product specification for lamps and lighting appliances to serve as the basis for evaluating quality for a particular context. Product specifications include minimum requirements for quality standards, warranty requirements, and/or performance criteria. Products are compared to specifications based on test results and other information about the product. The product specification framework is flexible and can accommodate the goals of diverse organizations and institutions.
This document applies to lamps and lighting appliances for off-grid electricity systems that have the following characteristics:
• The power supply is AC or DC:
- AC nominal voltages up to 250 V;
- DC nominal voltages up to 48 V.
• The light source is CFL, linear fluorescent, or LED.
• Operation of the lamp or lighting appliance does not require any components to be supplied by the testing laboratory other than lampholders, wire, connectors, and a power supply.
• The lamp or lighting appliance does not include a battery or energy source (for example, a photovoltaic module or electromechanical generator).
Luminaires are included in the definition of "lighting appliances" if packaged together with a lamp intended to be used with the luminaire. Luminaires without lamps are not included in the scope of this document.