ETSI - TR 102 216
Smart Cards; Vocabulary for Smart Card Platform specifications
|Publication Date:||1 November 2019|
The purpose of the present document is to identify specialist technical terms used within the Smart Card Platform (SCP) project for the purposes of writing technical documents. The motivations for this are:
• to ensure that editors use terminology that is consistent across specifications;
• to provide a reader with convenient reference for technical terms that are used across multiple documents;
• to prevent inconsistent use of terminology across documents.
The present document is a collection of terms, definitions, abbreviations and acronyms related to the baseline documents defining SCP objectives and systems framework. The present document provides a tool for further work on SCP technical documentation and facilitates their understanding.
The terms, definitions and abbreviations as given in the present document are either imported from existing documentation (SCP, 3GPP, ETSI, ISO/IEC or elsewhere) or newly created by smart card experts whenever the need for precise vocabulary was identified.
The following types of terms and acronyms are not included in the present document:
• terms and acronyms generally used in computer science, information technology and cryptography;
• terms and acronyms from specific application domains such as mobile telephony and banking;
• terms and acronyms defined and used solely within a specific SCP specification to facilitate readability.
But such terms and acronyms may be included if they are frequently used in the SCP specifications and a common, precise definition of the term or acronym would aid the interpretation and implementation of the specifications.