CENELEC - EN 60335-2-4
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-4: Particular requirements for spin extractors
|Publication Date:||1 January 2010|
|ICS Code (Laundry appliances):||97.060|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This European Standard deals with the safety of
- stand alone electric spin extractors
- spin extractors incorporated in washing machines that have separate containers for washing and spin extraction
for household and similar purposes that have a capacity not exceeding 10 kg of dry cloth and a drum peripheral speed not exceeding 50 m/s, their rated voltages being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as spin extractors intended to be used by laymen in shops, on farms, and for communal use in blocks of flats are within the scope of this standard.
This European Standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by appliances and machines that are encountered by all persons.
However, in general, it does not take into account:
• children playing with the appliance;
• the use of the appliance by very young children;
• the use of the appliance by young children without supervision.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
This standard does not apply to
- spin extractors intended to be used in launderettes,
- spin extractors intended exclusively for industrial purposes,
- spin extractors intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary,
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.