Interoperability of Information Technology (IT), Including National Security Systems (NSS)
|Publication Date:||11 December 2019|
a. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5144.02 (Reference (a)) and the guidance in DoDD 8000.01 (Reference (b)):
(1) Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides direction for certifying the interoperability of IT and NSS pursuant to sections 2222, 2223, and 2224 of Title 10, United States Code (Reference (c)).
(2) Establishes a capability-focused, architecture-based approach for interoperability analysis.
(3) Establishes the governing policy and responsibilities for interoperability requirements development, test, certification and prerequisite for connection of IT, including NSS (referred to in this instruction as "IT").
(4) Defines a doctrine, organization, training, materiel, leadership and education, personnel, facilities, and policy (DOTMLPF-P) approach to enhance life-cycle interoperability of IT.
(5) Establishes the requirement for enterprise services to be certified for interoperability.
b. Incorporates and cancels DoDD 4630.05, DoDI 4630.8, and DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO) Memorandum (References (d), (e), and (f)).