Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-35: Particular requirements for instantaneous water heaters
|Publication Date:||1 June 2020|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric instantaneous water heaters for household and similar purposes and intended for heating water below boiling temperature, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 Instantaneous water heaters incorporating bare heating elements are within the scope of this standard.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended for use in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances which are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities;
- in many countries regulations exist for the installation of equipment connected to the water mains.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances for heating liquids (IEC 60335-2-15);
- storage water heaters (IEC 60335-2-21);
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- commercial dispensing appliances and vending machines (IEC 60335-2-75).