Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts - Particular applications for passengers and goods passenger lifts - Part 76: Evacuation of persons with disabilities using lifts
|Publication Date:||1 November 2019|
|ICS Code (Lifts. Escalators):||91.140.90|
This document specifies the additional or deviating requirements to prEN 81-20 for new passenger and goods passenger lifts, which may be used to support faster evacuation of persons with difficulty in using stairs including in case of fire alarm.
This document does not apply to:
- lifts which are not included in a fire resisting building structure;
- the evacuation due to other circumstances, like explosion, chemical or biological attack, flooding, storm damage, earthquake etc.
NOTE General evacuation guidance can be found in ISO/TS 18870.
The following significant hazards are not covered in this document and are assumed to be addressed by the building designer:
- fire or smoke in the evacuation lift well, safe areas or machinery spaces;
- ingress of water to the lift well during evacuation process;
- insufficient or incorrectly located evacuation lifts;
- entrapment in waiting area (safe area) due to absence of lift service or adjacent stairs;
- structural collapse or failure of building services (e.g. power supply, lighting, ventilation) before the evacuation using lifts has been completed;
- presence of harmful gases, potentially explosive atmosphere, extreme climate conditions, transport of dangerous goods, etc.