INDUSTRY GUIDE FOR COMPONENT TEST DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
|Publication Date:||27 July 2020|
The purpose of this document is to provide a standard approach for the development and management of test procedure generation for aircraft components. Major elements of this approach are:
• Roles and responsibilities of the parties involved.
• Rules and advices for Test Specification (TS) completeness.
• Role of Test Support and Data Package.
• Test Implementation process.
• Conformance checking process.
Benefits to standardizing an approach are:
• Clarifies the responsible parties to reduce redundant and/or missed elements of the process.
• Defines test equipment independent requirements to reduce lifecycle cost (e.g., test equipment development and conformance verification due to obsolescence) and to support a platform independent test solution.
• Provides guidelines for the process of Test Implementation to aid all parties in understanding the activities involved.
• Provides an ARINC 668 compliant process required to check the conformance of an alternative Test Implementation.
Component Maintenance Manual (CMM)
The Component Maintenance Manual provides the technical data to restore shop repairable components to a serviceable condition. The content and syntax of the CMM is prepared in accordance with ATA Spec100/ATA iSpec 2200. In instances specific to S1000D, this type of document is called a Component Maintenance Publication (CMP). Throughout this standard, the term CMM will be used but is interchangeable with CMP or other manufacturers' service documentation, such as Component Repair Manuals (CRM).