ETSI - TS 131 101
Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); LTE; 5G; UICC-terminal interface; Physical and logical characteristics
|Publication Date:||1 July 2020|
The present document specifies the interface between the UICC and the Terminal for 3GPP telecom network operation.
The present document specifies:
- the requirements for the physical characteristics of the UICC;
- the electrical interface between the UICC and the Terminal;
- the initial communication establishment and the transport protocols;
- the model which serves as a basis for the logical structure of the UICC;
- the communication commands and the procedures;
- the application independent files and protocols.
The administrative procedures and initial card management are not part of the present document.
For the avoidance of doubt, references to clauses of ETSI TS 102 221  include all the clauses of that clause, unless specifically mentioned.
The target specification ETSI TS 102 221  contains material that is outside of the scope of 3GPP requirements and the present document indicates which parts are in the scope and which are not.
A 3GPP ME may support functionality that is not required by 3GPP, but the requirements to do so are outside of the scope of 3GPP.