BSI - BS 4873 - TC
Tracked Changes (Redline) - Aluminium alloy windows and doorsets – Specification
|Publication Date:||25 February 2020|
|ICS Code (Doors and windows):||91.060.50|
This British Standard specifies requirements for the design, construction and performance of aluminium alloy windows and external pedestrian doorsets, thermally or non-thermally improved, including constituent materials and glazing.
This British Standard does not apply to composite doorsets as defined in BS 8529, but it does cover doorsets that are predominantly aluminium framed (stile and rail construction) with replaceable composite panels.
This British Standard applies to windows and doorsets fabricated in a factory, to be installed vertically (±15°) into the external face of buildings, as single or multi-light units, or in coupled assemblies where appropriate, of the following types:
1) hinged: side-hung, top-hung, bottom-hung, tilt before turn or turn before tilt;
2) projecting: side-hung and top-hung (including reversible windows);
3) pivoted: horizontal and vertical;
4) sliding: horizontal and vertical (including tilting-in sash to vertical);
5) fixed lights;
6) fixed casement;
7) parallel opening;
8) double opening French casement;
9) louvred, adjustable;
1) single leaf, single-swing or double-swing hinged or pivoted doors with or without side lights and top lights;
2) double leaf, single-swing or double-swing hinged or pivoted doors with or without side lights and top lights;
3) sliding doors (includes tilt and slide and lift and slide doors);
4) sliding folding doors.
This British Standard is applicable to windows in which a casement or sash frame member is no longer than 3 m and in which a door leaf frame member is no longer than 3.5 m. This British Standard does not apply to curtain walls that span across horizontal structural members of floors, but it is applicable to windows or doorsets fitted within a curtain walling system.
This British Standard is not applicable to secondary windows applied to convert existing single windows into double or coupled windows.
NOTE Guidance on the evaluation of conformity is given in Annex A. Guidance on durability and recycling is given in Annex B.