Guidelines for ITU-T action on reported misuse of ITU-T E.164 number resources
|Publication Date:||1 June 2020|
This Recommendation provides guidelines for actions by administrations, ITU members and associates and by the Director of the Telecommunication Standardization Bureau (TSB) upon receipt of reports of alleged misuse of ITU-T E.164 numbering resources. It covers allegations of misuse that are both directly assigned by the ITU, and those that are indirectly assigned under the responsibility of member states, as indicated in [b-WTSA Res. 20].
The actions that the TSB Director can take with respect to each type of ITU-T E.164 numbering resource are limited by the extent to which the ITU-T has responsibility for assignment and management over that numbering resource.
These different types of numbering resources are as follows:
• country code for geographic areas;
• country codes for Inmarsat and groups of countries (e.g., +388);
• country code for networks (e.g., +882), country code for multi-use networks (e.g., +883), country codes for global services (e.g., +800, +878, etc.), country codes for global mobile satellite system (GMSS) operators (e.g., +881);
• country codes for trials (e.g., +991);
• unassigned country codes.