API - STD 2350
Overfill Prevention for Storage Tanks in Petroleum Facilities
|Publication Date:||1 September 2020|
This document applies to atmospheric storage tanks associated with refining, marketing, pipeline, and terminals that contain NFPA Class I or Class II liquids. This standard does not apply to:
- tanks of 1320 US gallons (5000 liters) or less, unless connected to a transporter or marine delivery system;
- tanks that are covered by PEI RP 600;
- tanks filled exclusively from wheeled vehicles (i.e. tank trucks or railroad tank cars), where the fill rate is less than 630 bbl/hr (440 gpm) (100m3/hour);
- dedicated pipeline relief tanks; and
- tanks storing LPG and LNG.
The purpose of this standard is to assist owner/operators and operating personnel in the prevention of tank overfilling by implementation of a comprehensive overfill prevention system (OPS). The goal is to receive product into the intended storage tank without overfilling or mechanical damage.