CENELEC - EN 60335-2-3
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-3: Particular requirements for electric irons
|Publication Date:||1 January 2016|
|ICS Code (Laundry appliances):||97.060|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric dry irons and steam irons, including those with a separate water reservoir or boiler having a capacity not exceeding 5 l, for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances, which are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- children playing with the appliance,
- the use of the appliance by very young children and young children,
- user maintenance by children, including cleaning the appliance.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities;
- additional requirements for pressure vessels may be specified by the national authorities responsible for the safety of pressure vessels.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- ironers (IEC 60335-2-44);
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).