Gas cylinders - Refillable composite gas cylinders and tubes - Design, construction and testing - Part 3: Fully wrapped fibre reinforced composite gas cylinders and tubes up to 450L with non-load-sharing metallic or non-metallic liners
|Publication Date:||1 December 2020|
|ICS Code (Gas cylinders):||23.020.35|
This document specifies minimum requirements for the material, design, construction and workmanship, manufacturing processes, examination and testing at time of manufacture for:
- type 4 composite fully wrapped cylinders or tubes with a non-load sharing liner and composite reinforcement on both the cylindrical portion and the dome ends;
- type 5 fully wrapped cylinders or tubes without liners and with a test pressure of less than 60 bar and composite reinforcement on both the cylindrical portion and the dome ends;
- water capacities up to 450 l;
- for the storage and conveyance of compressed or liquefied gases;
- cylinders and tubes with composite reinforcement of carbon fibre, aramid fibre or glass fibre (or a mixture thereof) within a matrix;
- a minimum design life of 15 years.
Cylinders and tubes manufactured and tested according to this document are not intended to contain toxic, oxidizing or corrosive gases.
This document does not address the design, fitting and performance of removable protective sleeves.
NOTE 1 References to cylinders in this document include composite tubes if appropriate.
NOTE 2 ISO 11439 applies to cylinders intended for use as fuel containers on natural gas vehicles and ISO 11623 covers periodic inspection and re-testing of composite cylinders.