DOD SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS
|Publication Date:||25 November 2020|
In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5144.02, this issuance:
• Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides direction for the planning, acquisition,fielding
• Affirms 2017 Unified Command Plan (UCP) reassignment of the cyberspace operations missionfrom United States Strategic Command to United States Cyber Command.
• Affirms 2017 UCP Change-1 recognition of the establishment of United States Space Command andreassignment of space operations mission from United States Strategic Command to United States SpaceCommand.
• Affirms Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics reorganizationpursua
• Affirms disestablishment of the Defense Space Council.
• Affirms reassignment of commercial satellite communications (COMSATCOM) servicesprocurement responsibility from Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) initially to Air ForceSpace Command, pursuant to Section 1601 of Public Law 115-91, and subsequently to the newly-established United States Space Force pursuant to Subtitle D of Title IX of Public Law 116-92.