ICC I-CODE SCRC
I-Codes: SCRC - SOUTH CAROLINA RESIDENTIAL CODE
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
The provisions of this code shall apply to the construction, alteration, movement, enlargement, replacement, repair, equipment, use and occupancy, location, removal and demolition of detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses not more than three stories above grade plane in height with a separate means of egress and their accessory structures not more than three stories above grade plane in height.
The following shall be permitted to be constructed in accordance with this code where provided with a residential fire sprinkler system complying with Section P2904:
1. Live/work units located in townhouses and complying with the requirements of Section 419 of the South Carolina Building Code.
2. Owner-occupied lodging houses with five or fewer guestrooms.
3. A care facility with five or fewer persons receiving custodial care within a dwelling unit.
4. A care facility with five or fewer persons receiving medical care within a dwelling unit.
5. A care facility for five or fewer persons receiving care that are within a single-family dwelling.