CENELEC - EN IEC 61980-1
Electric vehicle wireless power transfer (WPT) systems - Part 1: General requirements
|Publication Date:||1 January 2021|
|ICS Code (Electric road vehicles):||43.120|
This part of IEC 61980 applies to the supply device for charging electric road vehicles using wireless methods at standard supply voltages per IEC 60038 up to 1 000 V AC and up to 1 500 V DC.
Electric road vehicles (EV) covers road vehicles, including plug-in hybrid road vehicles (PHEV) that derive all or part of their energy from on-board rechargeable energy storage systems (RESS).
This document also applies to wireless power transfer (WPT) equipment supplied from on-site storage systems (e.g. buffer batteries).
The aspects covered in this document include
• the characteristics and operating conditions of a supply device,
• the specification for required level of electrical safety of a supply device,
• communication between EV device and vehicle to enable and control WPT,
• efficiency, alignment and other activities to enable WPT, and
• specific EMC requirements for a supply device.
The following aspects are under consideration for future documents:
• requirements for MF-WPT systems supplying power to EVs in motion;
• requirements for bidirectional power transfer.
This document does not apply to:
• safety aspects related to maintenance,
• WPT system for trolley buses, rail vehicles and vehicles designed primarily for use off‑road, and
• any safety or EMC requirements for the vehicle side.