IEC TS 63058
Switchgear and controlgear and their assemblies for low voltage – Environmental aspects
|Publication Date:||1 January 2021|
|ICS Code (Low voltage switchgear and controlgear):||29.130.20|
|ICS Code (Environment and environmental protection in general):||13.020.01|
This document, which is a Technical Specification, provides guidance to manufacturers of low-voltage switchgear and controlgear and their assemblies in evaluating and improving the environmental impact of their products, and in enabling effective communication using common references for environmental information throughout the supply chain.
This document provides:
- guidance on the process and general aspects to implement environmentally-cons
- the Product Specific Rules (PSR) for Life Cycle Assessment (LCA);
NOTE 1 The general methods and the process to execute the LCA are in accordance with ISO 14040 and ISO 14044 but not addressed in this document.
NOTE 2 PSR and LCA can be used for quantitative ECD and also apply for some environmental declarations, for example Type III.
- standard environmental impact data derived from case studies and a means of using them;
NOTE 3 This is to encourage manufacturers to apply more effective quantitative methods in the ECD process to improve the environmental efficiency of their products.
- common rules for communicating information about the presence of regulated substances and the materials contained in the product, according to IEC 62474;
- guidance on communicating information about the end of life treatment of the product.
NOTE 4 This document is intended to replace Annex O and Annex W of IEC 60947-1:2020.