CEN - EN ISO 8437-4
Snow throwers - Safety requirements and test procedures - Part 4: Additional national and regional requirements
|Publication Date:||1 April 2021|
|ICS Code (Special purpose vehicles):||43.160|
This document provides additional national and regional requirements applicable to combustion engine powered pedestrian-controlle
The ISO 8437 series deals with significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to snow throwers used as intended and under the conditions reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer.
It does not apply to the following:
- electrically powered and battery powered snow throwers;
- hand-held snow throwers;
- airport or highway snow removal machines and equipment;
- machines intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
It does not deal with hazards related to the following:
- battery circuits exceeding 42 V;
- mains connected starting motor;
- magneto grounding circuits;
- working environment;
- electromagnetic compatibility.
The ISO 8437 series is not applicable to machines that were manufactured before the date of its publication.