IEC - 60364-7-710
Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 7-710: Requirements for special installations or locations – Medical locations
|Publication Date:||1 May 2021|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
The particular requirements of this part of IEC 60364 apply to electrical installations in medical locations so as to provide safety of patients and medical staff. These requirements refer to:
- hospitals and clinics or equivalent institutions (including equivalent transportable and mobile locations);
which, subject to assessment (710.30), can also include:
- sanatoriums and health clinics;
- dedicated locations in homes for senior citizens and aged care homes, where patients receive medical care;
- medical centres, outpatients' clinics and departments, casualty wards;
- other outpatients' institutions (industrial, sports and others);
- medical and dental practices;
- dedicated medical rooms in the workplace;
- other locations where medical electrical equipment is used;
- veterinary clinics;
- rooms in existing installations where a change of utilization for medical applications occur.
This list is not exhaustive.
The requirements of this document do not apply to ME equipment or ME systems.
NOTE 1 ME equipment and ME systems are covered by IEC 60601 (all parts).
NOTE 2 In the USA, the requirements of NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® in general and specifically article 517 (Healthcare Facilities) apply.