Design of electrical installations for wind turbines
|Publication Date:||1 June 2021|
The standard provides requirements for the following:
- the maintaining of normal operational conditions
- the operation of emergency equipment required for machinery and personal safety under various defined emergency conditions
- the safety of personnel and installations from electrical hazards and risks of injury to human life
- the expected life time of equipment and installations.
Technical requirements to be applied for the DNV certification schemes are covered and it is also intended to cover the requirements implied when using IECRE related certification schemes.
The certification scope is defined in the service specifications, among other:
- DNV-SE-0074 Type and component certification of wind turbines according to IEC 61400-22
- DNV-SE-0441 Type and component certification of wind turbines
- IECRE OD-501 IEC System for Certification to Standards relating to Equipment for use in Renewable Energy applications (IECRE System) - Type and Component Certification Scheme.
For certification, the scope of conformity assessment depends on the governing certification scheme.
For verification, the verification scope shall be defined e.g. by the developer, regulator or other stakeholders and agreed with the verification body.