ETSI - TS 132 274
Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+) (GSM); Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); LTE; Telecommunication management; Charging management; Short Message Service (SMS) charging
|Publication Date:||1 August 2021|
The present document is part of a series of Technical Specifications (TSs) that specify charging functionality and charging management in 3GPP networks. The 3GPP core network charging architecture and principles are specified in TS 32.240 , which provides an umbrella for other charging management TSs that specify:
- the content of the CDRs per domain / subsystem / service (offline charging);
- the content of real-time charging messages per domain / subsystem / service (online charging);
- the functionality of online and offline charging for those domains / subsystems / services;
- the interfaces that are used in the charging framework to transfer the charging information (i.e. CDRs or charging events).
The complete document structure for these TSs is defined in TS 32.240 .
The present document specifies the Offline and Online Charging description for the Short Message Service (SMS), based on the functional description in TS 23.040 , TS 23.204  for SMS over IP, and TS 23.682  for SMS procedures using T4. The present document does not replace existing offline SMS charging functionality defined for Circuit Switched in TS 32.250  and for Packet Switched in TS 32.251 , and therefore is in addition to those specifications. This charging description includes the offline and online charging architecture and scenarios specific to SMS, as well as the mapping of the common 3GPP charging architecture specified in TS 32.240  onto SMS. It further specifies the structure and content of the CDRs for offline charging, and the charging events for online charging. The present document is related to other 3GPP charging TSs as follows:
- The common 3GPP charging architecture is specified in TS 32.240 ;
- The parameters, abstract syntax and encoding rules for the CDRs are specified in TS 32.298 ;
- A transaction based mechanism for the transfer of CDRs within the network is specified in TS 32.295 ;
- The file based mechanism used to transfer the CDRs from the network to the operator's billing domain (e.g. the billing system or a mediation device) is specified in TS 32.297 ;
- The 3GPP Diameter application that is used for SMS offline and online charging is specified in TS 32.299 .
- The services, operations and procedures of charging, using Service Based Interface are specified in TS 32.290 .
- The charging service of 5G system is specified in TS 32.291 .
Furthermore, requirements that govern the charging work are specified in TS 22.115 .