Subsea pumping systems (tentative recommended practice)
|Publication Date:||1 September 2019|
This recommended practice specifies normative and informative technical requirements for the whole subsea pumping system with pressure ratings up to 1035 bar (15 000 psi) and water depths down to 3000 m (9843 feet) for the following pump types:
- single phase
The pump types are used for modular based mudline pumping systems for:
- single pump stations
- dual pump stations
- pumps integrated in subsea production systems
- pumps integrated in subsea processing systems
- water injection
- dual/coupled lifts.
The requirements are organized in the following eight main sections:
- This section contains the introduction, objective, scope, application, references, definitions and abbreviations.
- Sec.2 contains information about subsea pumping system elements and building blocks.
- Sec.3 contains functional, design and technical requirements for the subsea pumping system.
- Sec.4 contains minimum requirements for the qualification of pump units to technology readiness level (TRL) 4 and TRL 5, provides guidance for reuse the of qualified technology.
- Sec.5 contains minimum requirements for inspection and test plans for TRL greater than or equal to 4.
- Sec.6 contains requirements for the minimum test scope for TRL greater than or equal to 5.
- Sec.7 contains requirements for marine operations and IMR.
- Sec.8 contains guidance on documentation for the subsea pumping systems.