Information technology — Radio frequency identification (RFID) for item management — Data protocol: data encoding rules and logical memory functions
|Publication Date:||1 January 2022|
|ICS Code (Automatic identification and data capture techniques):||35.040.50|
This document focuses on encoding the transfer syntax of the application commands defined in ISO/IEC 15961-1. The encodation is in a Logical Memory as a software analogue of the physical memory of the RFID tag being addressed by the interrogator.
- defines the encoded structure of object identifiers;
- specifies the data compaction rules that apply to the encoded data;
- specifies a Precursor for encoding syntax features efficiently;
- specifies formatting rules for the data, e.g. depending on whether a directory is used or not;
- defines how application commands, e.g. to lock data, are transferred to the Tag Driver;
- specifies processes associated with sensory information and the transfers to the Tag Driver;
- defines other communication to the application.