CENELEC - EN IEC 60335-2-25
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-25: Particular requirements for microwave ovens, including combination microwave ovens
|Publication Date:||1 January 2021|
|ICS Code (Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances):||97.040.20|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This part of IEC 60335 deals with the safety of microwave ovens for household and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
This standard also deals with combination microwave ovens, for which Annex AA is applicable.
This standard also deals with microwave ovens intended to be used on board ships, for which Annex BB is applicable.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in household and similar environments.
However, in general, it does not take into account:
- children playing with the appliance;
- the use of the appliance by very young children;
- the use of the appliance by young children without supervision.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this European Standard.
NOTE Z101 Examples of appliance for household environment are appliances for typical housekeeping functions used in the household environment that may also be used by non-expert users for typical housekeeping functions:
- in shops and other similar working environments;
- in farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- in bed and breakfast type environments.
NOTE Z102 Household environments include the dwelling and its associated buildings, the garden, etc.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- commercial microwave ovens (IEC 60335-2-90);
- industrial microwave heating equipment (IEC 60519-6);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).