ABS - 63
Rules for Building and Classing Facilities On Offshore Installations
|Publication Date:||1 July 2022|
The requirements in the Rules are applicable to hydrocarbon production and/or processing facilities located on floating or fixed offshore installations, and apply to the following systems and associated equipment:
● Hydrocarbon Production
● Hydrocarbon Processing
● Process Support
● Process Control
● Marine Support
● Instrumentation and Control
● Fire Protection and Personnel Safety
The following ABS Rules and Guide, latest edition, are applicable as referenced therein for systems or services other than for the hydrocarbon production and processing facilities.
i) FPI Rules: ABS Rules for Building and Classing Floating Production Installations
ii) Offshore Installations Rules: ABS Rules for Building and Classing Offshore Installations
iii) Marine Vessel Rules: ABS Rules for Building and Classing Marine Vessels
iv) MOU Rules: ABS Rules for Building and Classing Mobile Offshore Units
Appropriate flag state and port state authorities are to be consulted for their specific requirements.
● Chapter 2 provides definitions, references, abbreviations and acronyms associated with these Rules.
● Chapter 3 covers requirements for hydrocarbon production and processing facilities on floating installations.
● Chapter 4 covers requirements for hydrocarbon production and processing facilities on fixed installations.
● Chapter 5 covers requirements for survey during and after construction.