STEEL, SHEET, COLD ROLLED, DUAL PHASE (CR DP LOW/HIGH YIELD) ***TO BE USED WITH FORD WSS-M99P1111-A***
|Publication Date:||10 January 2012|
The materials defined by these Global specifications are hot rolled or cold rolled steel sheet with specified tensile strengths from 450 MPa to 1500 MPa, suitable for cold forming such as stamping, roll forming and tube making, and use in automotive applications.
The specification applies to uncoated and coated steel sheet generally categorized as advanced high strength steels:
- Dual Phase (ferrite and martensite microstructure, including grades with low and high yield, DP)
- Ferrite-Bainite (ferrite and bainite microstructure, FB)
- TRIP "transformation induced plasticity" (ferrite, bainite and retained austenite microstructure, TR),
- "Multi-Phase" or "Complex Phase" (ferrite, martensite, bainite plus precipitation hardening, MP)
- Martensitic (mainly martensitic microstructure, MS).
The steel sheet may achieve its final thickness by cold rolling, hot rolling, continuous thin-strip casting, or other means. All requirements of the specific variant are to be met regardless of the final thickness reduction method.
Specification WSS-M1P94-A shall be used where pre-coating by the steel supplier is required. All requirements of the specific variant are to be met with or without pre-coating, except as noted in these specifications or as noted as exceptions on the Engineering Drawing.
Ford Motor Company may, at its option and in agreement with the local or regional supplier, define additional and/or restricted technical delivery requirements such as mechanical properties, forming characteristics and surface texture, for a specific grade and/or part. The defined requirements shall be mandatory and no characteristics shall conflict with this engineering specification.