Information technology - Biometric performance testing and reporting - Part 6: Testing methodologies for operational evaluation
|Publication Date:||1 February 2012|
|ICS Code (Information coding):||35.040|
This part of ISO/IEC 19795:
- provides guidance on the operational testing of biometric systems;
- specifies performance metrics for operational systems;
- details data that may be retained by operational systems to enable performance monitoring; and
- specifies requirements on test methods, recording of data, and reporting of results of operational evaluation
NOTE Some operational biometric systems perform a single biometric function. For example, in the initial stages of rollout of biometric passports, the operational system might be performing biometric enrolment only. Operational evaluation of such systems is within the scope of this part of ISO/IEC 19795.
This part of ISO/IEC 19795 does not:
- cover testing of operational systems in the laboratory or
- address vulnerability testing.