CEN - EN 15232
Energy performance of buildings - Impact of Building Automation, Controls and Building Management
|Publication Date:||1 January 2012|
|ICS Code (Automatic controls for household use):||97.120|
|ICS Code (IT applications in other fields):||35.240.99|
|ICS Code (Thermal insulation of buildings):||91.120.10|
This European Standard specifies:
- a structured list of Building Automation and Control System (BACS) and Technical Building Management (TBM) functions which have an impact on the energy performance of buildings;
- a method to define minimum requirements regarding BACS and TBM functions to be implemented in buildings of different complexities;
- a factor based method to get a first estimation of the impact of these functions on typical buildings;
- detailed methods to assess the impact of these functions on a given building. These methods enable to introduce the impact of these functions in the calculations of energy performance ratings and indicators calculated by the relevant standards.
This European Standard is defined for:
- building owners, architects or engineers, defining the functions to be implemented for a given new building or for the renovation of an existing building;
- public authorities, defining minimum requirements for BACS and TBM functions for new buildings as well as for renovation, as defined in the relevant standard;
- public authorities, defining inspection procedures of technical systems as well as inspectors applying these procedures to check if the level of BACS and TBM functions implemented is appropriate;
- public authorities, defining calculation methods which take into account the impact of BACS and TBM functions on the energy performance of buildings as well as software developers implementing these calculation methods and designers using them;
- designers, checking that the impact of all BACS and TBM functions are taken into account when assessing the energy performance of a building.
NOTE The terms BAC (Building Automation and Control) and BACS (Building Automation and Control System) are equivalent in view of energy calculation and energy efficiency. In this case BACS will be used in the English version and BAC (German term: "GA Gebäudeautomation") in the German version.