ETSI - TR 103 056
Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum Matters (ERM); System Reference Document; Short Range Devices (SRD); Technical characteristics for SRD equipment for social alarm and alarm applications
|Publication Date:||1 March 2012|
The present document describes requirements for alarm and social alarm devices, systems and applications.
It is a common feature of all alarms that an alarm message, is passed to a place (e.g. operation centre), where experienced decision takers induce necessary actions, to prevent possible harm to life and limb, as well as start counter actions to stop a process indicated as highly critical or instable.
Due to the potential impacts of false or delayed alarm messages a minimum set of requirements for an alarm system has to be taken into account during the planning / installation phase. A high number of false alarms could lead to a desensitization of the users (e.g. fire / intrusion) or the "helpers" (e.g. emergency service in a social alarm system), which might result in ignored alarms, where every delay of an alarm message would result in an increased risk situation.
The following minimum set of requirements should be taken into account:
• Reliable work 24 h a day over the whole year.
• Avoidenance of blocking / interference by other wireless systems.
• Fast transmission times of an alarm message including minimised delay from the trigger.
• Redundant signal and transmission paths (e.g. multi path networks).
• Non-susceptible to changes in the signal paths (e.g. changes
• Easy to use manual triggering (e.g. social alarm push button).
• Automatic transmission of the alarm message to the "final receiver" (e.g. fire operation centre), after triggering.
• Fall back / escalation steps to react on a first blocking of a signal or receiption of updated information (e.g. enlarged area of fire).
The present document includes the necessary information to support the co-operation between ETSI and the ECC of the CEPT including:
• Detailed market information (annex A).
• Technical information (annex B).
• Expected compatibility issues (annex C).