CEN - EN ISO 14644-9
Cleanrooms and associated controlled environments - Part 9: Classification of surface cleanliness by particle concentration
|Publication Date:||1 August 2012|
|ICS Code (Cleanrooms and associated controlled environments):||13.040.35|
This part of ISO 14644 establishes the classification of cleanliness levels on solid surfaces by particle concentration in cleanrooms and associated controlled environment applications. Recommendations on testing and measuring methods, as well as information about surface characteristics, are given in Annexes A to D.
This part of ISO 14644 applies to all solid surfaces in cleanrooms and associated controlled environments, such as walls, ceilings, floors, working environments, tools, equipment and products. The classification of surface cleanliness by particle concentration (SCP) is limited to particles between 0,05 μm and 500 μm.
The following issues are not considered in this part of ISO 14644:
- requirements for the cleanliness and suitability of surfaces for specific processes;
- procedures for the cleaning of surfaces;
- material characteristics;
- references to interactive bonding forces or generation processes that are usually time-dependent and process-dependent;
- selection and use of statistical methods for classification and testing;
- other characteristics of particles, such as electrostatic charge, ionic charges, microbiological state, etc.