SNV - SN EN 12309-1
Gas-fired absorption and adsorption air-conditioning and/or heat pump appliances with a net heat input not exceeding 70 kW - Part 1: Safety
|Publication Date:||1 October 1999|
|ICS Code (Ventilators. Fans. Air-conditioners):||23.120|
|ICS Code (Heat pumps):||27.080|
This European standard specifies the requirements and test methods for the safety of gas-fired absorption and adsorption air-conditioning and/or heat pump appliances having a net heat input not exceeding 70 kW, hereafter referred to as "appliances".
This standard applies to appliances having flue systems of Type B12, B12BS, B13, B13BS, B14, B22, B23, C12, C13, C32 and C33, and to appliances designed for outdoor installations.
This standard only applies to appliances having:
- integral burners under the control of fully automatic burner control systems;
- closed system refrigerant circuits in which the refrigerant does not come into direct contact with the water or air to be cooled or heated;
- mechanical means to assist transportation of the combustion air and/or the flue gases.
Appliances covered by this standard include one or a combination of the following:
- Gas-Fired Absorption Air Conditioner;
- Gas-Fired Adsorption Air Conditioner;
- Gas-Fired Absorption Heat Pump;
- Gas-Fired Adsorption Heat Pump.
The above appliances may have one or more primary or secondary functions and this standard applies to all such functions providing that the function concerned is dependent on circulation of fluid within the absorption, or adsorption, refrigerant circuit.
NOTE: Any appliance function that is not dependent on circulation of the fluid within the absorption, or adsorption, refrigerant circuit should be assessed separately.
This standard does not apply to appliances fitted with more than one flue outlet.
This standard is applicable to appliances that are intended to be type tested. Requirements for appliances that are not type tested would need to be subject to further consideration.