DIN EN 415-6
Safety of packaging machines - Part 6: Pallet wrapping machines
|Publication Date:||1 September 2013|
|ICS Code (Packaging machinery):||55.200|
This European Standard applies to the following groups of machines:
- pallet banding machines;
- stretch film pallet wrapping machines;
- stretch film hood application machines;
- mobile stretch film wrapping machines;
- semi automatic self driving stretch film wrapping machines;
- shrink film pallet wrapping machines;
- shrink film hood application machines;
- film removing machines;
- shrinking systems;
- sleeve wrapping machines for product greater than 400 mm in one direction;
- product centralising machines.
The individual machines are described in 3.2.
This standard deals with safety requirements for machine design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation, adjustment, maintenance and cleaning of pallet wrapping machines.
The extents to which hazards, hazardous situations and events are covered are indicated in Clause 4.
This European Standard is not applicable to the following machines:
- machines that were manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN;
- pallet strapping machines and destrapping machines. These machines are within the scope of EN 415-8;
- conveying systems that connect packaging machines with each other, but includes conveying systems that are part of the machines.
This standard does not consider the following hazards:
- the use of pallet wrapping machines in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- the health, safety or hygiene hazards associated with the products that may be handled by the machines, but does include general advice on this subject;
- hazards that may be associated with electromagnetic emissions from pallet wrapping machines;
- hazards that may be associated with decommissioning pallet wrapping machines.