CENELEC - EN 61029-2-10
Safety of transportable motor-operated electric tools - Part 2-10: Particular requirements for cutting-off grinders
|Publication Date:||1 April 2010|
|ICS Code (Electric tools):||25.140.20|
|ICS Code (Sawing machines):||25.080.60|
This standard consists of Part 1 and Part 2 and applies to electric motor-operated or magnetically-driven tools, intended for indoor and for outdoor use, which have all the following characteristics:
a) easily moved by one person, simple devices to facilitate transportation may be incorporated, e.g. handles, wheels and the like;
b) used in a safe stationary position with or without fixing, e.g. fast clamping devices, bolting and the like;
c) used under the control of an operator;
d) not intended for continuous production or production line use;
e) intended to be connected to electric supply by a flexible cord and a plug;
f) maximum rated voltage not exceeding 250 V single-phase, a.c. or d.c., or 440 V three-phase, a.c.;
g) maximum rated input not exceeding 2500 W, for single-phase a.c. or d.c., and 4000 W for three-phase a.c.
These tools are commonly known as "transportable motor-operated electric tools", hereinafter referred to, in the text, as tools.
Examples of these tools are: Circular saws, band saws, planers,
thicknessers, radial arm saws, spindle moulders, fret saws, jig
saws, mitre/chop saws, wood lathes, belt sanders, disc sanders,
This European Standard applies also to transportable motor operated tools intended to be connected to a water supply such as mains, tank or vat.
This standard does not apply to
- electric motor-operated household and similar electrical appliances according to EN 60335-1;
- hand-held electric motor-operated tools according to EN 50144-1 or EN 60745-1;
- small low voltage transformer operated bench tools intended for model making;
- machines for preparing or processing food;
- tools intended to be used in the presence of explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- tools intended to be used with cosmetics or pharmaceutical products;
- auxiliary equipment such as external cooling and dust
This European Standard applies to cutting-off grinders intended to cut metal by means of a rotating abrasive cutting-off wheel:
- with an abrasive cutting-off wheel diameter not exceeding 406 mm;
- with a peripheral speed not exceeding 80 m/s.