ISO TS 18234-9
Intelligent transport systems - Traffic and travel information via transport protocol experts group, generation 1 (TPEG1) binary data format - Part 9: Traffic event compact (TPEG1-TEC)
|Publication Date:||15 October 2013|
|ICS Code (Transport in general):||03.220.01|
|ICS Code (IT applications in transport):||35.240.60|
This Technical Specification defines the TPEG application Traffic Event Compact (TEC). It has been specifically designed to support information about traffic events, e.g. road works, traffic jams. A specific form of traffic event are local hazard warnings, which as safety-related messages, are sent with high priority to assist a driver in encountering dangerous situations (e.g. black-ice, accident behind curves, obstacles on road) unexpectedly.
Generally, TEC focuses on the following requirements:
- ensuring travel safety for the driver;
- enabling the calculation of alternative routes;
- avoiding delays (e.g. traffic jams);
- warning the driver of obstructions on route;
- informing the driver of infrastructural problems (e.g. closed petrol stations, non-functioning emergency phones).