Systems and software engineering - Information technology project performance benchmarking framework - Part 2: Requirements for benchmarking
|Publication Date:||1 November 2013|
|ICS Code (Software):||35.080|
This part of ISO/IEC 29155 provides general requirements for processes of "the information technology (IT) project performance benchmarking framework" by prescribing:
- the requirements for the processes for individual activities within the benchmarking framework (e.g. conduct benchmarking, maintain repository, submit data),
- the tasks necessary to successfully execute activities and equip them with components, both of which are defined in ISO/IEC 29155‑1.
This part of ISO/IEC 29155 is intended for use by any stakeholder(s) of IT project performance benchmarking (e.g. benchmarking user, benchmark provider, benchmarking service provider, and IT project team).
NOTE The following are examples of how this part of ISO/IEC 29155 can be used:
- by a systems and software supplier to implement a benchmarking process to estimate and/or evaluate performance of an IT project,
- by a systems and software acquirer (or a third-party agent) for evaluating the performance of the supplier's IT project,
- by a benchmark provider to implement processes to collect and analyze IT project data and provide benchmarks,
- by a benchmarking service provider to implement various services (e.g. providing instruments for benchmarking, or conducting an instance of benchmarking for a benchmarking user).
This part of ISO/IEC 29155 does not prescribe how to utilize benchmarking results, nor does it prescribe the name, format, or explicit content of the documentation that results from the benchmarking processes.