Resource control protocol No. 1, version 3 – Protocol at the Rs interface between service control entities and the policy decision physical entity
|Publication Date:||1 August 2013|
This Recommendation provides the stage 3 specification of the protocol at the interface between service control entities (SCEs) and the policy decision physical entity (PD-PE). The functional requirements and the stage 2 specifications for this interface are contained in clause 8.1 of [ITU-T Y.2111] and in [b-ITU-T Q-Sup.51]. This interface is used to control session-based policy.
Using the protocol specified in this Recommendation, the SCE can:
- provide information to the PD-PE to identify media flows and their required QoS resource characteristics (e.g., QoS class, bandwidth, priority);
- provide priority information to the PD-PE to facilitate appropriate priority handling (e.g., emergency telecommunications service (ETS) priority information);
- request resource usage information through the PD-PE for charging;
- provide related service information to the PD-PE to facilitate appropriate dynamic firewall working mode selection;
- indicate whether the media should be enabled (i.e., gate opened) when resources are reserved;
- in those instances where the media should not be enabled as soon as the resources are reserved, i.e., may request that the gate be opened later;
- in the case where a NAPT function is required, request address mapping information so it can do any modifications that may be required to address information within application signalling (e.g., SDP); and
- in the case where a path-coupled resource reservation mechanism is used, indicate to the PD-PE whether it wishes to be notified when reservations are obtained and released.
When an authorization token mechanism is used, the PD-PE may supply the SCE with one or more authorization tokens which the SCE shall include in application signalling to the CPE.