CEI EN 61010-2-201
Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use Part 2-201: Particular requirements for control equipment, excluding functional safety, in the scope of industrial-process measurement, control and automation
|Publication Date:||1 February 2014|
|ICS Code (Test conditions and procedures in general):||19.020|
|ICS Code (Metrology and measurement in general):||17.020|
|ICS Code (Safety of machinery):||13.110|
Scope and object
This clause of Part 1 is applicable, except as follows.
Equipment included in scope
This part of IEC 61010 specifies safety requirements and related verification tests for control equipment of the following types:
- Programmable controllers (PLC and PAC);
- the components of Distributed Control Systems (DCS);
- the components of remote I/O
- industrial PC (computers) and Programming and Debugging Tools (PADTs);
- Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI);
- any product performing the function of control equipment and/or their associated peripherals, which have as their intended use the control and command of machines, automated manufacturing and industrial processes, e.g. discrete and continuous control. Components of the above named equipment and in the scope of this standard are:
- (auxiliary) stand-alone power supplies;
- peripherals such as digital and analogue I/O, remote-I/O;
- industrial network equipment.
Control equipment and their associated peripherals are intended to be used in an industrial environment and may be provided as open or enclosed equipment.
NOTE 1 Control equipment intended also for use in other environments or for other purposes (example; for use in building installations to control light or other electrical installations, or for use on cars, trains or ships) can have additional conformity requirements defined by the safety standard(s) for these applications. These requirements can involve as example: insulation, spacings and power restrictions.
NOTE 2 Computing devices and similar equipment within the scope of IEC 60950 (planned to be replaced by IEC 62368) and conforming to its requirements are considered to be suitable for use with control equipment within the scope of this standard. However, some of the requirements of IEC 60950 for resistance to moisture and liquids are less stringent than those in IEC 61010-1:2010, 5.4.4 second paragraph.
Control equipment covered in this standard is intended for use in overvoltage category II (IEC 60664-1) in low-voltage installations, where the rated equipment supply voltage does not exceed a.c. 1 000 V r.m.s. (50/60 Hz), or d.c. 1 500 V.
NOTE 3 If equipment in the scope of this part is applied to overvoltage category III and IV installations, then the requirements of Annex K of Part 1 apply.
The requirements of ISO/IEC Guide 51 and IEC Guide 104, as they relate to this Part, are incorporated herein.