CEN - EN 12042
Food processing machinery - Automatic dough dividers - Safety and hygiene requirements
|Publication Date:||1 April 2014|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This European Standard applies to the design and manufacture of standalone automatic dough dividers, having a feed hopper, an outlet and a dividing system (see 3.2).
These automatic dough dividers are used separately or in a line in the food industry and shops (pastrymaking, bakeries, confectionery, etc.) for dividing dough or pastry into adjustable portions to produce the required weight of dough piece during a dividing process. These machines can be fed by hand or mechanically. This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to the transport, installation, adjustment, operation, cleaning, maintenance, dismantling, disassembling and scrapping of automatic dough dividers, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
These machines are not intended to be cleaned with pressurized water.
This European Standard is not applicable to the following:
- experimental and testing machines, under development by the manufacturer;
- weighing devices;
- pressure dough dividers, without a feed hopper, using knives for the dividing process;
- lines with separate cutting or forming elements outside the housing;
- lifting and tilting machines1) or other separate feeding machines;
- additional hazards generated when the machine is used in a line or mechanically fed.
A noise test code is included in Annex A to assist manufacturers to measure noise levels for the purpose of the noise emission declaration.
This European Standard is not applicable to machines which are manufactured before its publication as EN.
1) see EN 13288