CEI EN 50571
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Particular requirements for commercial electric washing machines
|Publication Date:||1 May 2014|
|ICS Code (Laundry appliances):||97.060|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following:
This European Standard deals with the safety of electrical operated washing machines intended to be used by trained users in e.g. hotels, hospitals, factories, in light industry and on farms. It also covers washing machines declared for commercial use in public areas and operated by lay persons e.g. in laundrettes, communal laundry rooms. Their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single phase and 480 V for others.
This standard also covers washing machines making use of other energy sources. It does not cover requirements for these other energy sources or compressed air. However the influence of these other energy sources on the machines is covered.
These washing machines are designed to be connected to hot and/or cold water supply.
Washing machines making use of steam or hot water for heating purposes are also within the scope of this standard.
This standard deals with the common hazards presented by washing machines that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account:
a) persons (including children) whose:
1) physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or
2) lack of experience and knowledge, prevents them from using the washing machine safely without supervision or instruction;
b) children playing with the washing machine.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for commercial electric washing machines intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary,
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities,
- for commercial electric washing machines having a drying function, EN 50570 (commercial electric tumble dryers) is also applicable.
This European Standard does not apply to:
c) industrial laundry machinery (EN ISO 10472-2),
d) washing machines intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
For the purpose of this standard, the term "appliance" is to be read as "washing machine intended for commercial use.