Geographic information - Terminology
|Publication Date:||1 October 2016|
|ICS Code (Information technology (Vocabularies)):||01.040.35|
|ICS Code (IT applications in science):||35.240.70|
This document specifies requirements for the collection, management and publication of terminology in the field of geographic information.
The scope of this document includes
- selection of concepts, harmonization of concepts and development of concept systems,
- structure and content of terminological entries,
- term selection,
- definition preparation,
- cultural and linguistic adaptation,
- layout and formatting requirements in rendered documents, and
- establishment and management of terminology registers.
This document is applicable to International Standards and Technical Specifications in the field of geographic information.