Earth-moving machinery - Lifting and tying-down attachment points - Performance requirements
|Publication Date:||1 March 2017|
|ICS Code (Earth-moving machinery):||53.100|
This document specifies the performance requirements for the lifting and tying-down attachment points of earth-moving machinery as defined in ISO 6165.
This document also applies to components and subassemblies of earth-moving machinery which the manufacturer intends to be lifted or tied down separately by using lifting or tying-down attachment points.
NOTE 1 Some components (e.g. tyres, tyres with wheels, track shoe assemblies, hydraulic cylinders) can be securely tied down without specific tying-down attachment points.
This document applies to the following modes of transport:
- lifting with cranes (e.g. mobile cranes, gantry cranes);
- road transport (e.g. truck, trailer);
- rail transport, including combined transport (e.g. wagons with containers, swap-bodies, semitrailers, trucks);
- sea transport.
It is not applicable to
- airlift or transport by air, or
- rail transport of machines on wagons subject to shunting.
NOTE 2 National or local regulations can be more stringent.
This document does not include requirements for attaching the machine to a platform of the rail car, boat, etc., from which the machine is intended to work.