Information technology - Radio frequency identification (RFID) for item management: Data protocol - Part 1: Application interface
|Publication Date:||15 March 2013|
|ICS Code (Information coding):||35.040|
This part of ISO/IEC 15961 focuses on the abstract interface between an application and the data processor, and includes the specification and definition of application commands and responses. It allows data and commands to be specified in a standardised way, independent of the particular air interface of ISO/IEC 18000.
This part of ISO/IEC 15961
- provides guidelines on how data shall be presented as objects;
- defines the structure of Object Identifiers, based on ISO/IEC 9834-1;
- specifies the commands that are supported for transferring data between an application and the radio frequency identification (RFID) tag;
- specifies the responses that are supported for transferring data between the RFID tag and the application;
- does not specify any required transfer syntax with ISO/IEC 15962, but provides the non-normative information in Annex A to provide backward compatibility with ISO/IEC 15961:2004.
It is expected that this part of ISO/IEC 15961 will be used as a reference to develop software appropriate for particular applications, or for particular RFID equipment.