Information technology - Storage management - Part 2: Common Architecture
|Publication Date:||1 October 2014|
|ICS Code (Interface and interconnection equipment):||35.200|
This part of ISO/IEC 24775 defines the core architecture and protocols in SMI-S. The components of SMI-S architecture include:
• Transport - communicating management information between constituents of the management system .
• Health and fault management - detecting failures through monitoring the state of storage components.
• General information about the object model.
• Names - how SMI-S uses names to allow applications to correlate across SMI-S and to other standards.
• Standard messages - how exceptions are presented to client applications.
• Service discovery - techniques clients use to discover SMI-S services.
• Installation and upgrade - recommendations for implementations.
• Compliance - requirement for compliance to the standard.