Industrial Automation Systems and Integration - Product Data Representation and Exchange - Part 22: Implementation Methods: Standard Data Access Interface
|Publication Date:||15 December 1998|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 10303 specifies the functional characteristics of data access interface. This interface is referred to as the standard data access interface (SDAI). The SDAI specifies the operations available to an application for the purpose of acquiring and manipulating data whose structure is defined using ISO 10303-11 (EXPRESS).
The SDAI is specified in terms independent of any computing language or system. The specification of the functionality defined by the SDAI in a particular computing language is referred to as an SDAI language binding. SDAI language bindings are specified as companion documents within the implementation methods series of ISO 10303.
The following are within the scope of this part of ISO 10303:
- access to and manipulation of instance of entities described using the EXPRESS data specification language;
- access to multiple data repositories by a single application at the same time;
- capabilities for an application to organize operations into groups whose effect can be saved or cancelled at the discretion of the application;
- access to a dictionary describing the data elements that can be manipulated by an application;
- ability to invoke the validation of the constraints specified using EXPRESS at the discretion of the application;
- support for managing the dependency relationships between entity instances;
- capabilities to describe logical collections of entity instance that defines the population over which entity instance to entity instance to entity instance references are allowed;
- capabilities to describe logical collections of entity instance that defines the population over which global rules are validated;
- support for the use of data created within the context of one schema in the context of another schema.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO 10303:
- the complete specification of the behavior of an SDAI implementations in a multi-user environment;
NOTE 1 - An SDAI implementation is not precluded from providing multi-user data sharing access where the behaviour of the implementation depends on the underlying data storage technology.
- Specific support for establishing a connection to a remote data repository;
NOTE 2 - An SDAI implementation is not precluded from providing access to a remote data repository via some other mechanism.
- data access and manipulation operations that are specific to the semantics of the data;
- specification of the mechanisms or formats by which data is held in a data repository;
- creation, deletion, and naming of the data repositories available via the SDAI.