Industrial Automation Systems and Integration - Product Data Representation and Exchange - Part 1: Overview and Fundamental Principles First Edition
|Publication Date:||1 January 1994|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 10303 provides an overview of this International Standard.
This International Standard provides a representation of product information along with the necessary mechanisms and definitions to enable product data to be exchanged. The exchange is among different computer systems and environments associated with the complete product lifecycle, including product design, manufacture, use, maintenance, and final disposition of the product.
The following are within the scope of ISO 10303:
- the representation of product information, including components and assemblies;
- the exchange of product data, including storing, transferring, accessing, and archiving.
This part of ISO 10303 defines the basic principles of product information representation and exchange used in ISO 10303. It specifies the characteristics of the various series of parts of ISO 10303 and the relationships among them.
The following are within the scope of this part of ISO 10303:
- an overview of this International Standard;
- the structure of this International Standard;
- definitions of terms used throughout this International Standard;
- an overview of data specification methods used in this International Standard including the EXPRESS data specification language and graphical presentation of product information models:
- an introduction to the integrated resources;
- an introduction to application protocols that are used to define the scope, context, and information requirements of an application, and the representation of the application information;
- an introduction to the methodology and framework for conformance testing that provides an assessment of whether an implementation conforms to this International Standard;
- an introduction to the abstract test suites to be used as a basis for conformance testing;
- an introduction to the implementation methods which may be used with this International Standard.
The scopes of the other parts of ISO 10303 are defined within those parts.