ARMY - AR 608-99
FAMILY SUPPORT, CHILD CUSTODY, AND PATERNITY
|Publication Date:||29 October 2003|
a. This regulation sets forth Department of the Army (DA) policy, responsibilities, and procedures on financial support of family members, child custody and visitation, paternity, and compliance with court orders regarding these and related matters.
b. This regulation is designed to improve procedures for enforcing financial support, child custody, paternity, and related obligations within the DA. It preempts all other regulations on these matters within the DA. This regulation should not be construed to create any right, benefit, or entitlement, substantive or procedural, enforceable by law or in equity, by a party against the United States, its agencies, its officers, or any other person.
c. This regulation will not be construed to create any right to judicial review involving compliance or noncompliance with this regulation by the United States, its agencies, its officers, or any other person.
Applicability. a. This regulation applies to-
(1) The Active Army, including cadets at the U.S. Military Academy.
(2) The U.S. Army Reserve on active duty pursuant to orders for 30 days or more.
(3) All members of the Army National Guard of the United States on active duty for 30 days or more.
(4) Members of the Army National Guard on active duty for 30 days or more pursuant to orders under Title 32, United States Code, except for the punitive provisions of this regulation.
(5) Family members who are command-sponsored and residue outside of the United States.
(6) Soldiers receiving full or partial pay and allowances while confined at the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks or other confinement facilities.
b. This regulation applies during mobilization.