ARMY - DA PAM 738-750
FUNCTIONAL USERS MANUAL FOR THE ARMY MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TAMMS)
|Publication Date:||1 August 1994|
a. This pamphlet indicates which records are required to control and manage equipment and maintenance. AR 750-1 sets the policy for keeping the records outlined in this pamphlet.
b. This pamphlet applies to all Army equipment, except installed equipment (see AR 420-1 7), industrial production equipment, nonstandard equipment that has not been type classified or assigned a National Stock Number (NSN), equipment bought with nonappropriated funds, and medical equipment covered by TB 38-750-2.
c. The forms and records are used to-
(1) Control equipment and manage maintenance.
(2) Make equipment improvement recommendations (EIRs) and product quality deficiency reports.
(3) Ask for, apply, and report Modification Work Orders (MWOs).
(4) Keep track of and report on the condition, status, and operation of equipment.
(5) Collect and report information used to design new equipment and redesign and improve current equipment.
(6) Gather information for special one-time studies and projects. When the forms do not meet the needs of a study or project, ask HQDA (DALO-SMM), WASH DC 20310-0546, for approval to vary from this pamphlet.
(7) Get special maintenance information from selected units in selected areas. This sampling will be limited to a stated number and a specific type, model, or series of equipment. The sample can be taken for only a limited time. AR 750-1 governs sampling programs.
(8) File warranty claim actions (WCAs).