NAVY - OPNAV 5570.2
(N09N) DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE UNCLASSIFIED CONTROLLED NUCLEAR INFORMATION (DOD UCNI)
|Publication Date:||11 February 1993|
1. Applies to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Military Departments, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Unified and Specified Commands, the Defense Agencies, and the DoD Field Activities (hereafter referred to collectively as "the DoD Components").
2. Implements reference (a), which is the statutory basis for controlling the DoD UCNI in the Department of Defense. Reference (a) also constitutes the authority for invoking reference (b) to prohibit mandatory disclosure of DoD UCNI under the "Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)" in reference (c).
3. Supplements the security classification guidance contained in reference (d) and CG-SS-1 and DoD Instruction 5210.67 (references (e) and (f)) by establishing procedures for identifying, controlling, and limiting the dissemination of unclassified information on the physical protection of DoD SNM.
4. Applies to all SNM, regardless of form, in reactor cores or to other items under the direct control of the DoD Components.
5. Applies equally to DoE UCNI under DoD control, except the statute applicable to DoE UCNI (42 U.S.C. 2011 et seq., reference (g)) must be used with the concurrence of the DoE as the basis for invoking the FOIA (Section 552 of 10 U.S.C., reference (c)).