CSA ISO/IEC 10164-22
Information technology Open Systems Interconnection Systems Management: Response time monitoring function
|Publication Date:||1 December 2002|
This Recommendation | International Standard defines a systems management function which may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized environment to interact for the purposes of systems-management, as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 | ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation | International Standard defines the response time monitoring function that consists of services, functional units, generic definitions and protocols. It is positioned in the application layer of ITU-T Rec. X.200 | ISO/IEC 7498 and is defined according to the model provided by ISO/IEC 9545. The role of systems management functions are described by ITU-T Rec. X.701 | ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
- establishes user requirements for the response time monitoring function;
- establishes a model that relates the services and generic definitions provided by this function to user requirements;
- defines the services provided by the function;
- defines generic notification type; and
- specifies the protocol that is necessary in order to provide the services.
This Recommendation | International Standard does not:
- define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the response time monitoring function;
- specify the manner in which management is accomplished by the use of the response time monitoring;
- define the nature of any interactions which result in the use of the response time monitoring;
- specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal and abnormal release of a management association;
- preclude the definition of further notification types.
The functions and the management information defined in this Recommendation | International Standard include:
- Summarization of the response time on any request of information and its management;
- Definition of the relationship on response monitoring;
- Setting and modification of the monitoring and the summarization conditions;
- Scheduling of the monitoring and the summarization; and
- Notification when response information or its statistical result is over a threshold.
The functions and the management information defined in this Recommendation | International Standard do not include:
- Management information definitions for summarization of response time statistical;
- How to retrieve response times locally (e.g., the test function to confirm response times); and
- Local mechanisms to summarize information related to the response request and response.